Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes

Old 11/07/2007, 11:18 PM
Registered Member

Melanurus & 6 line wrasse

Can a Melanurus (pinstripe) and 6-line wrasse live together in a 120? The 6 line has been in the tank for 4 months already. Tank also has a small Maroon clown, sailfin & yellow tangs, royal gramma, and a coral beauty. The 6-line is not aggressive toward any of the fish (they all get along well together) and it seems to be best friends with the maroon clown. I'm looking to add the Melanurus and possibly a diamond Goby. Any thoughts?
Old 11/08/2007, 07:38 AM
Registered Member

i have a 6line wrasse that is not aggressive toward anything. the pinstripe wrasse should be ok.
Old 11/08/2007, 07:53 AM
Wet Hand Club of Chicago

I have a 6 line and a Melanarus living together in a 220. No problems at all so far. They have been together for around 6 months.

------------------------------------------------
If you work on a lobster boat, sneaking up behind someone and pinching him is probably a joke that gets old real fast
Old 11/08/2007, 08:23 AM
Registered Member

Engine 7, do you have any other wrasses in the tank and in what order were they added?
Old 11/08/2007, 09:05 AM
TANK RAIDER!

wow guys that is impressive.

Every and I mean every 6 line that I've had whether in a small 54 or large 400 aquarium has been the meanest fish I've ever owned, a close second would be the dottybacks

They have been added at the end and both have terrorized all of my livestock(wrasse related)

If the 6 line is for pest purposes an 8 line is way much less aggressive and does the work.

Perhaps consider a yellow coris and or radiant.
Old 11/08/2007, 09:07 AM
Registered Member

I had a six-line & melanarus in a 125 for months with no problems.
I have upgraded to a 220 which they both are in w/multiple wrasses w/no aggression from the six-line.
I have a friend that has an eight line that harrasses any new fish he adds.
Old 11/08/2007, 11:05 AM
Registered Member

I guess it's the specific fish you have as we all know different fish in the same genus can act differently. So far my 6 line has been a model occupant. Can you guys name all of the wrasses you have in your tanks. I love these fish and would love to add more.