Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish

Old 12/16/2006, 07:14 PM
Buttfish Pioneer

Black ocellaris plays dead *picture*

I just found my black ocellaris laying on the top of his anemone. Very funny because he just lays, not moving, like he's just so happy and comfortable. Of course, after the snapshot, he moved. This is after lights out, as you can tell.

Enjoy:

[IMG]

And, for the heck of it, here's a pic of them during the day

p.s.
Please ignore the wretched green bubble algae. I had this in my old tank, and I imported this rock, it has only gotten worse on this rock, but oddly, the remainder of the tank is fine, just this one rock. I'd pull it if the darn anemone weren't attached! lol!
Old 12/16/2006, 07:34 PM
Pingy Pingy!

My female (at least I believe) also plays dead in her leather. During the day, and especially at night, she'll just lay on her side.

Old 12/16/2006, 08:54 PM
Premium Member

My ocellaris makes a hollow in the sand with her tail and lies down every night like she's snuggling into bed. Unless something disturbs her, she's there, flat on her side, until morning. Clowns are bizarre little fish
Old 12/16/2006, 09:34 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to armagedon48
thats what makes them so great!

i really like your black clown + regular clown pair. i like the black clown the best because it doesnt have the orange nose like i usualy see.
Old 12/17/2006, 05:05 AM
Registered Member.

Send a message via ICQ to keefsama2003 Send a message via AIM to keefsama2003 Send a message via Yahoo to keefsama2003
neither of mine have any real oranges its all starting to fully disapear ill get some pics up as soon as i remember to plug in the camera
Old 12/17/2006, 12:06 PM
Here comes the Gators

Send a message via AIM to 55semireef
If I was a fish I would want to be a clownfish because an anemone is like a giant pillow. It must be so comfortable to sleep in one.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

Anyone that thinks the SEC isn't the best conference is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 12/17/2006, 05:16 PM
Buttfish Pioneer

These guys are so fun. I remember seeing a thread where someone said the most boring fish they had was an ocellaris. WHAT? I have never been more entertained by any fish, these guys swim in all directions, they snuggle with their anemone, with each other, they just have so much personality!!

That's a great pic RokleM, I wish I had a camera that took such nice shots, but alas, i'm still sinking money into the tank, not much to spare.

Wow, i've not heard of them sleeping in the sand, that's new.

The black ocellaris was purchased from Tyler at Dolphin out of the Australian stock. It is a beautiful fish, worth every penny. But, honestly, even though the orange are so popular, they are also very beautiful, with striking contrast, especially on their fins. I love them both!

The orange on the black ocellaris' mouth was minimal at first. It is just barely perceptible at this point, just a tiny little bit on his cheeks.

-Angela
Old 12/17/2006, 06:40 PM
Underground Art Studio

Hi - I have two black ocellaris that are in a sick tank (Lymphocystis). I felt sorry for them and purchased a rubber anemone toy. Get this - the male sleeps in it all the time. At first I thought he was sick because he was laying on his side. I opened the lid and he got right up - he does this now all the time. The female sleeps right up under the bottom. They are so cute!