Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Feedback and Questions

Old 11/29/2006, 08:59 AM
Registered Member

Talking Testimonials to ReefKeeping's knowlege

I just wanted to relate to the readers of this forum how "right-on" the advice I have gotten from reefkeeping magazine really is.
I read reefkeeping quite often and although many of the scientific articles escape me/bore me I have found it to be the absolute best source of info, and 100% reliable. Recently I read an article about "how to catch fish". The name of the article escapes me but in summation the author had gone to an aquantances house who had a clown fish he wanted to remove from his reef. The clown owner had tried a few things and didn't want to redo the entire reef just to get at this clown (we've all been there). The author of the article (bravely) proclaimed that he would have the fish out by the end of the weekend. Sure enough, utilizing a little trickery the fish was netted and all went well. The "magic spell" was that he turned out the lights, and while the fish was disoriented he captured him.
Coincidentally I recently got a black percula and a green bta. I placed these guys in a tank where I had my oldest fish... a huge dominoe damsel. the dom is very aggressive and surprisingly left the clown alone but would nip at the anemonie to steal food from. The anemonie wasn't liking it. I was in shock... this dom had no fear of the anemonie. He would darn near get inside the thing and steal food - aggressively ripping it from the anemonie. B4 anyone asks - yes I feed them all very well. Well, my wife insisted that I get the pair and move them to my other tank... I knew the anemonie would be easy but the clown? So, I chased him around the tank a bit and was about to give up as I didn't want to stress him too much... then it dawned on me. "I'll give it one shot... if I can't get him immediately with the light turned out I will give up", I thought. First try. Done. Netted with ease. YOU GUYS ARE BRILLIANT! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
Old 11/29/2006, 09:27 AM
RC Staff

Thank You!!

Skipper and the Reefkeeping staff work very hard to produce the highest quality reef magazine on the net...

These pretzels are making me thirsty...
Old 12/01/2006, 10:03 AM
Registered Member

And high qty it is. This forum rocks too. I go to them all but I like the fact that you guys are all over the people who want to turn it into a b%$#h fest and only seek to show how much smarter they are. The whole "helping the newbie" thing gets lost in the mix. Furthermore, how can you expect to learn if you allready know it all? Einstien said it best " a true innovator borrows knowlege from everyone".
Old 12/04/2006, 03:58 PM
Professional Aquarist

I am glad you liked my article and more importantly that it was helpful,
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-06/sp/index.php

19th Annual Marine Aquarium Conference of North America (MACNA)
in Pittsburgh, PA September 14-16, 2007