Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Only & Aggressive Tanks

Old 12/22/2007, 10:48 AM
Registered Member

Can I put a Blueface angel in here?

Hi, Want some opinions.....I have a 6 foot 190 gallon tank with a 4 and a half inch Majestic angel and a 3 and a half inch Scribbled angel. I want one more large angel if possible. Would a 5 and a quarter inch Bluefaced angel work in there? What other large angel and what size would fit with them. I also have a couple of fairy wrasses, royal gramma, Potters angel and 2 blennies. Thanks, Lesley
Old 12/22/2007, 01:01 PM
Happy Scrappy Hero Pup

I have a blueface in a 180 standard, 6x2x2 ft. and he is becoming a terror in there. Every fish is different but these geys get big and they grow faster than I would have guessed. I would think a BF might not like the majestic at all.
Old 12/22/2007, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

I'd have to lean towards no as well. I could see him running your tank in no time. Sounds like you have a nice balance of fish too, would be scared to throw that off. Not to mention he'd out grow your tank in no time. Every fish is different though, so you never know.
Old 12/22/2007, 03:30 PM
Registered Member

Then how about a Personifier angel or most likely the smaller Chaetodontoplus meredithi version? They are of a smaller 10 to12 inch group like the other two angels I have. I think this combo may work as these are not suppose to be part of an aggressive group. I really didn't think the Blueface would be the best choice either but I think they are really pretty but get too big and too much like the Majestic.

Lesley