Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers

Old 01/03/2008, 05:12 PM
Gold Digger

Clown goby bothering corals?

Well, after taking some time off, Im finally back to stocking (or attempting to) my tank. My most recent additions have been this acro (not sure what it is exactly,

and a mille. Both have done well thus far being in there for a week, but my clown goby has just discovered them both and likes to perch in them most of the time, especially the mille. Both still haveing good pe (when not bothered,) but of course the mille getting the brunt of the intrusion. Is this normal or will there be any ill affects if it continues?
Old 01/03/2008, 05:35 PM
Registered Member

my clown goby pearches in a loripies i have,so far he hasnt done any damage.i do see a few little spots that look like they may have been irritated by the goby but nothing that im too worried about.i think you will be alright but keep an close eye on the coral for any sings of stress.
Old 01/03/2008, 05:51 PM
Premium Member

My pair as well as my friends pair had to be removed after killing numerous SPS branches with their nesting habits and killed a few colonies to boot. Great little fish other then that
Old 01/03/2008, 06:22 PM
Wet Hand Club of Chicago

I have had 2 clown gobies in the past. Both had to be removed because they were irritating acros.
They are the "cutest" fish IMO

------------------------------------------------
If you work on a lobster boat, sneaking up behind someone and pinching him is probably a joke that gets old real fast
Old 01/03/2008, 07:29 PM
Gold Digger

Not exactly what I wanted to hear but thank you all very much for the responses. Go figure the fish is being more "social," ill keep an eye out for stress for sure.
Old 01/03/2008, 08:04 PM
Premium Member

Yes I had to remove my pair. They niped at the acros and I had poor to little PE. Once removed I have great PE, as stated cute fish just a bit rough on acros. I not sure but they may do better in a LPS tank.
Old 01/03/2008, 09:33 PM
Registered Member

I had one that nipped at all my acros...took forever to catch him. Lost a couple colonies.
Old 01/04/2008, 11:29 AM
troublemaker

Yellow, Green, or Citron?