Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby

Old 01/08/2008, 08:16 AM
Registered Member

Aiptasia problem..

Hi.

I like many others have aiptasia problem. i recently maneged to get rid of all of them....almost all of them, one survived and now they are 4.
The problem is is that they are based on the most expensive rock in the tank, which is infested by beautiful ricordea.
So here is my idea, isolate the rock along with my 2 peppermint shrimp, reckon this will work? if so, what´s the best way of cathing those shrimps?

Thanks in advance!
Old 01/08/2008, 08:22 AM
Registered Member

You can try adding a few more peppermints to the tank. You could also try using Joe's Juice. I have used Joes Juice but i have so many in my tank that i am always missing some. You could also remove the rock if possible and put it in another tank like you asked and just get a few more peppermints and add it to the other tank, that way you don't have to try and catch them out of the display tank.
Old 01/08/2008, 08:34 AM
Registered Member

If i place the rock (not big) along with the shrimps then the shrimps are bound to grace on those aiptasia if not provided with another source of food? i could lure them with food, and get them that way in my net....
Old 01/08/2008, 08:47 AM
Registered Member

I used a copperband butterfly it worked great
Old 01/08/2008, 08:53 AM
Registered Member

i´ve tried that, i ended up with a dead copperband
My shrimps did the job at first but seem to have lost there appitite for aiptasa....