Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs

Old 08/31/2007, 12:13 AM
Girls Rule!

Send a message via Yahoo to NanoGurl
Maybe.... add it to the 2nd chamber and put a light on there. Not sure if I am going to or not. :/
Old 08/31/2007, 08:38 AM
SPS Kibitzer

NanoGurl,
How are all the critters doing?
Old 08/31/2007, 01:44 PM
Girls Rule!

Great thanks =) The SH's are awesome I love them. They have gotten to trust me now and come right over to the front of the tank whenver I walk into the room. The pipefish still don't eat anything prepared, so I am hoping they are getting some pods.

I ended up not needing the chiller. I opened up the vents for the AC and the tank has stayed constant at 77 for like a week now.

Thanks for askin!
Old 08/31/2007, 03:37 PM
Registered Member

1st off,
i love the tank it is gorgeous

2nd
just a thought, I have the fuge in the second chamber and i have 2 (m/f) green mandarins in my 29 and i have tons of pods, I knocked out the false floor in chamber 1 and put my heater in there with a bag of chemipure. I then just put a layer of LR on the bottom of the 2nd chamber and the i put in the chalapera (i'm sure i spelled that wrong) I then scraped off the black paint over the fuge area and placed a light down the back of the glass so that all the chalepera get the light instead of on top of the 2nd chamber. I then have just watched my pod population go insane. Just my thoughts though. if your wondering i have had the mandarins for ove 7 months now and they r fatter than ever so its not a fluke. I actually have to pull some of the chalapera out of the back of my fuge every other week cause it grows so fast.

Well sorry for the long post and thanks again for posting your tank cause it is gorgeous. If you want to see some of the pics of my tank it is in the red house.
Old 08/31/2007, 03:52 PM
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Katgrrl
On the BioCube I jsut bought there's a Tunze skimmer in the second chamber. Will the first chamber work as a 'fuge? It's smaller I know but......
What do you think NG?

Kat!
Old 08/31/2007, 06:29 PM
SPS Kibitzer

you can always buy tigger pods from www.reefnutrition.com for the pipefish

Quote:
Originally posted by NanoGurl
Great thanks =) The SH's are awesome I love them. They have gotten to trust me now and come right over to the front of the tank whenver I walk into the room. The pipefish still don't eat anything prepared, so I am hoping they are getting some pods.

I ended up not needing the chiller. I opened up the vents for the AC and the tank has stayed constant at 77 for like a week now.

Thanks for askin!
Old 09/01/2007, 10:07 AM
Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally posted by SOULEMAN
1st off,
i love the tank it is gorgeous

2nd
just a thought, I have the fuge in the second chamber and i have 2 (m/f) green mandarins in my 29 and i have tons of pods, I knocked out the false floor in chamber 1 and put my heater in there with a bag of chemipure. I then just put a layer of LR on the bottom of the 2nd chamber and the i put in the chalapera (i'm sure i spelled that wrong) I then scraped off the black paint over the fuge area and placed a light down the back of the glass so that all the chalepera get the light instead of on top of the 2nd chamber. I then have just watched my pod population go insane. Just my thoughts though. if your wondering i have had the mandarins for ove 7 months now and they r fatter than ever so its not a fluke. I actually have to pull some of the chalapera out of the back of my fuge every other week cause it grows so fast.

Well sorry for the long post and thanks again for posting your tank cause it is gorgeous. If you want to see some of the pics of my tank it is in the red house.
Thanks! =)

Great information... I will probably PM you if that's okay to ask a few questions. Glad to hear yours is doing so well!

I'm going to check out your thread.
Old 09/01/2007, 10:08 AM
Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally posted by Katgrrl
On the BioCube I jsut bought there's a Tunze skimmer in the second chamber. Will the first chamber work as a 'fuge? It's smaller I know but......
What do you think NG?

Kat!
Hmmm good question. Yea, it would work... but I'm not sure how effective it would be for you. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Old 09/01/2007, 10:09 AM
Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally posted by kev apsley
you can always buy tigger pods from www.reefnutrition.com for the pipefish
Already ordered and received =) Thanks!
Old 09/01/2007, 11:05 AM
SPS Kibitzer

Quote:
Originally posted by NanoGurl
Already ordered and received =) Thanks!
they will be very happy indeed!
Old 09/02/2007, 07:50 AM
Girls Rule!

I hope so!
Old 09/07/2007, 05:13 PM
Excuse My French...

Hello NanoGirl,

No picture since August 24th!

Is everybody doing well in your new nano?

L.
Old 09/07/2007, 09:47 PM
Girls Rule!

Hi Lauren!

Everybody seems to be doing great, thanks! The tank is still going through some of it's diatoms which look awful... but everybody is alive and well =) I did have to rescue my clown from the 1st chamber once!

Thanks for asking!
Old 09/08/2007, 06:44 PM
Registered Member

my clown always ends up in the 2nd chamber, forsome reason they fall over when they sleep into the 2nd chamber.
Old 09/18/2007, 03:18 PM
Registered Member

Awesome tank love the way you have your rocks very open.You might what a clean up crew to keep the bottom clean before it gets overwhelming
Old 09/18/2007, 07:57 PM
Registered Member

Hey nanogirl i was wondering how your pipefish and clown fish are getting along? and are you doing anything special feeding wise?
Old 10/11/2007, 01:01 AM
Excuse My French...

Checking again one month later...

How are doing your sea stallions?

L.
Old 10/11/2007, 08:12 PM
Registered Member

Ng, Did you ever add a skimmer? I'm looking at a CPR SR3 made just for the BC29. Anyone have any experience with this one?
Old 10/12/2007, 11:18 AM
Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally posted by SaltwaterChris
Awesome tank love the way you have your rocks very open.You might what a clean up crew to keep the bottom clean before it gets overwhelming
Thanks

Yea, I added a crew a long time ago.. it was always on the plan!
Old 10/12/2007, 11:21 AM
Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally posted by onthecourt4life
Hey nanogirl i was wondering how your pipefish and clown fish are getting along? and are you doing anything special feeding wise?
Hiya... my clown died awhile back I think he had brooks? He started breathing very rapidly and was gone the next morning. It was very sad as he was really pretty. The levels all tested perfect so I have no idea why it happened. I did keep the water temp in the low 70's so maybe that was a possible cause?

They got along fine at feeding. The SH's were the concern, and I had no problems for a month or so when feeding.
Old 10/12/2007, 11:24 AM
Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally posted by LaurentSeattle
Checking again one month later...

How are doing your sea stallions?

L.
lol hi Lauren!

Except for the clown dying everyone is doing well. My pipefish are fat and happy, as are my SHs. I added pods to the back chamber and they have been going crazy. I feed my SH and pipes all kinds of things and I see the pipes pecking away and they are super fat so they must be eating both pods and prepared.

I had a diatom outbreak for awhile that has gone away, but I now have issues with the calupera sprouts going a bit crazy. I placed some in my fuge and the spores must have gotten into the main tank so that's annoying!

But other then that everything is great and I still love having them!

Thanks for asking! Im going to check in on yours as well, it's a simply stunning tank.
Old 10/12/2007, 11:25 AM
Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally posted by mksalt
Ng, Did you ever add a skimmer? I'm looking at a CPR SR3 made just for the BC29. Anyone have any experience with this one?
No, I haven't. I don't have many corals and my levels are 0 and have been since day one. I just do my WC's and everything has been good so far.
Old 10/12/2007, 01:55 PM
TRC Leader

Let's see more pictures.

How's the flatworm battle going in your other tank?
Old 10/12/2007, 06:50 PM
*MySpiderSenseIsTingling*

Update,Update!
Old 10/12/2007, 09:16 PM
Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally posted by melev
Let's see more pictures.

How's the flatworm battle going in your other tank?
Okay! I just got home from checking out the new house.. so I'm beat but I'll try and take some tomorrow for you. Not much is happening, but I'll see if I can get some good shots of the SH's and pipefish.

I've done nothing! I'm so slacking lately on the tanks.