Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Bay Area - Reefers (BAR)

Old 10/07/2007, 11:59 PM
NaH2O

Montipora Capricornis

I am planning on getting a piece of Montipora Capricorna. It will be about 2" tall. I was wondering if those with experience with this coral could share some information or give any advice regarding the care of the Monti. I intend to keep the coral in an area of decent flow to prevent anything from settling on it and staying there. I also plan to keep it in the upper tiers of my tank in order to provide it with the most light possible. I have seen some pieces of monti's that grow vertical and spiral, and others that just plate outwards. Is there anything I can do to get the spiraling AND the plating action going?
Old 10/08/2007, 12:08 AM
Premium Member

Monties are pretty hearty corals, give them some good flow and decent lighting and it will be growing out of control before you know it.
Old 10/08/2007, 01:03 AM
Semi Reefing Vet

ant, if its a flat piece, i would place it on its back facing up...it'll spiral on its own..

here are some monti pics...

" Charles V "
Old 10/08/2007, 11:43 AM
*MySpiderSenseIsTingling*

Very nice pik's folk's...