View Single Post
Old 03/29/2011, 09:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Jedidad's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 258
I've had success in the past using a short 5-10 minute freshwater dip. the fresh water supposedly causes the cysts to burst and release the parasites into the water. then rinse the fish to keep from transfering the parasites back into the main tank. just be sure to get the ph of the dip water the same as that of the tank. the salinity difference is enough shock to the fish as it is. also be sure to keep a very close eye on the fish during the dip so you can put them back in salt water if they begin to act funny.

Jedidad is offline   Reply With Quote