Here are my stats:
Alk 3.5 meq/L
pH 8.15
Phosphates <.01
Calcium 480
Nitrate 0
Sal 1.025
Mg +1500

I recently tested my Calcium for the first time in while a week ago and it was off the scale so I stop adding it with my 2-part. It is coming down, now at 480. My Mg levels never seem to come down though. I thought it might of had something to do with the high Calcium levels but after bringing it down and still not being able to bring the Mg levels below 1500 is leading me to believe that there isn't any correlation. The test kit seems like a very new one from Salifert. It actually is a Cu test box that has a sticker saying "Because we were short on boxes for Mg, we used this Cu box" something like that. Not really having any issues with the tank right now, a little hair algae is all. Any way to get the Mg down, or should I not worry about it.

Thanks, Adam
once you have exhausted the syringe, you can re fill it then add that reading to 1500. check over in the reef chemistry forum, but that may not be an accurate reading as MG tests are subject to noise

no need to stop dosing 2part unless you are adding Epsom or mag flake to the CA part

"I hate that hole"

Current Tank Info: SCMAS Member 225 peninsula euroreef RS180 Apex 400W X 3 20k radiums / Spectra mixed SPS
five.five-six is offline   Reply With Quote