View Single Post
Old 01/23/2007, 10:02 AM   #15
nsreefer
Registered Member

I don't mean to be rude (and god knows i don't wish to sound like the tang police) but what you are considering doing is animal cruelty. Regardless of it's current size a purple tang is an active fish which needs twice the room you are going to provide it. Without adequate room, it will become stressed and it's growth will be stunted. It's like putting a german sheppard in a kennel made for a chihuahua. We're talking about a fish which in nature actively patrols a territory literally tens of thousands the size of the tank you are putting it in. To do this for your own enjoyment......it is just wrong, but you seem to have your mind made up. I feel sorry for your fish. It's never a good idea to buy a fish whose requirments are going to be met later with a tank upgrade. If you can't properly care for the animal now, leave it where it is. I'm not sure if it's ignorance, or stubborness or a little bit of both, but keep in mind this is a living creature that you are dealing with, who is most certainly not unaware of it's surroundings, and whether or not it is comfortable in them.

nsreefer is offline   Reply With Quote