Thread: Cespitularia
View Single Post
Old 01/25/2007, 01:53 PM   #27
Klownfish
Registered Member

IMO, flow is very important for the Cespitularia to thrive. I put in a penductor, which changed the flow through my tank. When I woke up to go to work, the direction and velocity had changed from the penductor. Result? High flow areas were now low-flow, and low flow became high-flow!

My Cespitularia ALMOST crashed! It was deflated, laying on the bottom of the tank! It was now in a low-to-no-flow area! I took the penductor out, put my spray bar back in. The Cespitularia was back to normal in 8 hours.

Now the Blue Anthelia has been very difficult. Every frag I give away has died on people. I don't know why. I won't sell it, because of it's habit of crashing a month or so after I frag it. This has happened in my tank, and in friends' tanks.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. It's thriving in my tank, but when a piece splits off the mother colony (on it's own!) I glue it onto a frag plug, then in a month or so... it's dead. If I leave it alone, it's fine, and I have another colony in my tank. Go figure!

If anyone knows what might be happening here, please post away. I could use some help.

Current Tank Info: 70g reef (150g system) Euroreef, Bubble King, IC OD T-5's, chiller, ACJr, with clams, LPS, SPS and anemones. 24g JBJ Nano, Tunze 6025, Deltec MCE600, SPS, LPS, gorgonians, zoa's, Sansibia. Setting up 29 Biocube (???) tank, Maristar 250hqi
Klownfish is offline   Reply With Quote