View Single Post
Old 01/06/2008, 09:23 AM   #12
SlowCobra
Registered Member

I am dissatisfied with the programming interface. It's 2008 I think a GUI interface isn't too much to ask for. Being a computer geek this isn't a big deal to me but for others that have little computer knowledge the AC series can be a pain in the *** to configure.

Mine is less than 4 months old and already has a dead temp sensor. Curt is replacing it under warranty but given the other issues I have had I am less than thrilled with the product.

Issues I have had with the AC3:

AquaNotes to controller network interface is temperamental. It will log in a username and password you created on the controller only to log it out less than 1 minute later. It will then not log it back in unless you create a new username/password on the controller. This happened on 2 different controllers, both brand new.

The controller told me that my PH was 10.x despite 2 hrs earlier telling me it was in the normal 8.x range. At this point the controller and probe were a little over a month old. A 2 point PH rise in nearly 300 gals of water in 2 hrs? Yeah I didn't believe it either.

Numerous controller lock-ups requiring re-booting(removal of power supply for no less than 2 minutes). This has happened approximately 6 times in 4 months.

Obviously not the pillar of stability. Maybe I just have one that hates me.

As mentioned support could use some improvement. When you ask questions on the Neptune forum if Curt answers he is borderline condescending to you. I was asking about some of the programming, and if there were other statements besides IF/Then, Random and Oscillate and his response was "it's in the user manual chapter 5".

Overall I am very dissatisfied with the product. It is a glorified timer that has you part with a decent chunk of change. At the very least it needs to be reliable... something that in my opinion it is not.

When it works, it performs it's functions well.

SlowCobra is offline   Reply With Quote