View Single Post
Old 01/06/2008, 10:23 AM   #13
ieatchinese
Premium Member

SlowCobra, I have to agree with some of what you say. As I mentioned in my previous post, I had trouble with two of my probes. In addition to this, I did have some drift in my pH probes and have since had them settle down to provide seemingly stable readings. I haven't called or written to Neptune on the programming language...and I have looked at chapter 5...almost useless. I agree with you that in today's day and age, a GUI interface should be the norm, but these are imbedded controllers and that type of developement is a bit more than what is typically implemented. I did have a few struggles with AquaNotes also, but I got it to work and it has been pretty stable. I think that much of the interface i clunky and needs to be updated, but it gets the job done. I would like to see a graphical control to manage light on and off times, but again, it works...apparently for me....(I am not usually the lucky one when it comes to such things).

I really want to see what comes out with the RK2. I would like to see a demonstration of the unit and its capabilities. Hopefully, they will have a much better users manual than the Neptune products have.

Current Tank Info: Red Sea 750 XXL
ieatchinese is offline   Reply With Quote