Thread: LB aquarium
View Single Post
Old 01/11/2008, 09:46 AM   #77
Putawaywet
20 and over club

A little back story on those Clarion's...

They originally came from a confiscated alleged illegal shipment that passed thru L.A. about 3 years back. I won't get into specific numbers but the shipment was pretty large and they were in very bad shape. Sadly, the majority didn't make it.

Clarion #1 went into Garden Eels and was doing extremely well last I checked. He would just about eat out of your hand. Clarion #2 was in holding up on the 3rd floor above the large Tank (aka: Big Trop) and was only visible on behind the scenes tours. Last I heard he was slated to go into Sea of Cortez but why he wound up in the Anthias exhibit I do not know.

And for those interested in owning one, the only viable opportunity that I am aware of to legally own one here in the U.S. looks like it will be thru those collected from Baja/Mexico as they have somehow found their way there. Whether they are a hybrid or a pure blood line seems to still be up for dabate. Either way, a few are trickling in, but the days of 400.00 Clarions are long gone.

These fish are expected to fetch several thousand dollars on the open market when they clear customs.

Brett

Current Tank Info: A big box of water with some stuff in it.

Last edited by Putawaywet; 01/11/2008 at 09:54 AM.
Putawaywet is offline   Reply With Quote