Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Florida Marine Aquarium Society (FMAS) - Miami/Ft. Lauderdale
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 12/11/2007, 10:14 PM   #26
REDDAWG43
Registered Member

I would be interested in the rock with 12 orange/green with green mouths rics, some purple and green yumas, birds nest that i got from Rogger, it has grown nicely about 3", and orange monti cap 3" across along with the auto topoff and the dj power strip.

Current Tank Info: Red Sea 525 XL
REDDAWG43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/2007, 10:23 PM   #27
ReefWreak
Registered Member

I'm interested in purple tip hammer $20.00, but what color is the body of the tentacles? Is it branching or just one giant piece growing around? I'll be home this weekend and could pick up when I go down to Miami with the g/f.

I'm considering buying that birdsnest as well if Mel doesn't want it, but I would just give it back to Rogger because if I remember correctly, Rogger lost ALL of his birdsnest and it's frags when he moved the tank.

ReefWreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/2007, 10:31 PM   #28
Bernie21
Registered Member

Sorry to hear about your son, wish him and your family the best!! If Reefwreak does nt get that purple tip hammer, I would be interested... If not, maybe the large hammer or frogspawn & the yumas... pm sent.

Current Tank Info: Downgraded to a 0 Gal non Mixed Reef - Direct sun watts & 1x moon Actinics. RIO 00 return, no skimmer Skimmer.
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2007, 07:02 AM   #29
d9sccr
Premium Member

I would be interested in the orange zoas and mag 9

Current Tank Info: 30g w/ 2 picassos
d9sccr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2007, 08:58 AM   #30
ghstrider
Registered Member

pm sent

ghstrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2007, 01:35 PM   #31
lilfishbigreef
Registered Member

Reefwreak: it is a purple tip with green stalks, branching hammer

does everyone who is interested in the birdsnest mind if i just give it to Rogger, instead of selling it???? i did not know he had lost corals

anyone else interested in any other items since i posted prices? Live rock, lights, etc...etc...

"Emilio, why can't you be more mature like me, Les, and Brian?" <~Phuzzy (yeah, i'll believe that when Les is the Mother Terresa)

"whenever I see light at the end of the tunnel, I always assume it's a train headed my direction" <~ Bart

Current Tank Info: None
lilfishbigreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2007, 01:48 PM   #32
ReefWreak
Registered Member

I don't think you mentioned it, but I'm also interested if you've got some extra snails or an urchin depending on the type. My 120 is a bit deficient in the cleaning crew department because I'm a cheap bastard.

But yea, I'll definitely take the hammer. I'll be down in Miami this weekend. What part of Miami are you in?

I don't mind giving the frag to Rogger, but who asked me?

I'm sure others will come around who are looking for other stuff. I know a few people who might be looking for more rock soon, I'll point them your way. I may also pick up A rock if that's cool, because I've got to re-seed my tank with pods.

Cheers

Old 12/12/2007, 01:56 PM   #33
REDDAWG43
Registered Member

Yeah, I am cool if give it to Rogger.....once it grows bigger I will just get a frag from him.

I would be interested in the rock with 12 orange/green with green mouths rics, some purple and green yumas, and orange monti cap 3" across along with the auto topoff and the dj power strip.

Current Tank Info: Red Sea 525 XL
REDDAWG43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2007, 02:47 PM   #34
adrian52492
Registered Member

hey can I see a pic of the sw mixing station?

Old 12/13/2007, 09:20 AM   #35
str8clownr
Registered Member

whats up for sale still, im interested in corals and such

str8clownr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2007, 10:58 AM   #36
WLDSHARK
Registered Member

PM sent ( skimmer, fuge, mag9)

WLDSHARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2007, 01:38 PM   #37
lilfishbigreef
Registered Member

i still dont see enough interest to justify parting out, although some of you posted you were interested in some items BEFORE i posted individual prices, if you still want it please let me know

adrian52492: are you still interested in the lights? i will post pics of SW mixing can

Melvin PM sent

as off yet i still have NOT sold a single thing

"Emilio, why can't you be more mature like me, Les, and Brian?" <~Phuzzy (yeah, i'll believe that when Les is the Mother Terresa)

"whenever I see light at the end of the tunnel, I always assume it's a train headed my direction" <~ Bart

Old 12/13/2007, 06:23 PM   #38
cubano2480
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by lilfishbigreef
i still dont see enough interest to justify parting out, although some of you posted you were interested in some items BEFORE i posted individual prices, if you still want it please let me know

adrian52492: are you still interested in the lights? I will post pics of SW mixing can

Melvin PM sent

as off yet I still have NOT sold a single thing
if u want to know why is because u prices are to hi,I just want to be honest with u is not that I have any problem with u prices u are free to do wherever u want with u tank dale

cubano2480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2007, 01:57 AM   #39
ReefWreak
Registered Member

I still want the hammer. I'll pick it up this weekend. PM me your phone number and address and I'll get directions and call before I come.

I think the prices on most of the stuff was fair, if not more than fair. I'd be interested to see what you didn't think was a good price. Sure, they're not "blow the roof off your house sale!" kind of prices, but they're certainly less than retail, are relatively new, and he seems like a nice enough guy. I'm not in the market for the equipment that he has to offer, so I don't know what the going rate for that kind of stuff is. Maybe he doesn't either? There's always the for sale forums.. ::shrug::

Old 12/14/2007, 09:57 AM   #40
lilfishbigreef
Registered Member

i am open to REASONABLE offers, i think my prices a more than fair BUT as i wrote, if anyone thinks they are too high or incorrect PLEASE PM ME!!!

Thanks

Emilio

Old 12/14/2007, 09:59 AM   #41
d9sccr
Premium Member

I think that they seem fair..are you for sure parting out then?

Old 12/14/2007, 10:09 AM   #42
lilfishbigreef
Registered Member

Andrew, if i get someone interested in most or all the Live rock, the corals, the lgihts, all the pumps and the tank I WILL PART OUT. if not, i dont see a choice but to hold out

i have plenty of takers on the skimmer and most of the corals but i cant sell any of the equipment untill the livestock and rock is gone, this is a pain in the A$$

the hardest part will be my son seeing the tank torn down piece by piece

Old 12/14/2007, 10:45 AM   #43
d9sccr
Premium Member

yeah..i understand

Old 12/15/2007, 11:33 PM   #44
ReefWreak
Registered Member

Hey man, thanks for having me by tonight. Your tank setup is out of this world.

If anyone is looking for a turn-key setup, this setup is a steal. The lighting alone is worth about $1000ish?

All the rockwork is two large centerpiece pillars held up with an internal PVC rod, keeping the rockwork stable, but it's got all these outcroppings and flat areas that you can place corals on, and then at the top big complicated networks of what looks like tonga rock (old stag/acro skeletons), which is great for sticking Acros in to have them grow out like he had it. The pillars look like real reef pillars, providing a LOT of swimming room for fish (he only has tiny fish right now), lots of room for corals to grow out, and are COVERED in purple coralline.

The plumbing is incredible, really really really well thought out. An outlet with a hose barb for water changes with indicators for how much you've taken out (sort of), a TON of non-invasive returns keeping stuff suspended in the water column even at the bottom of the tank.

The lighting is all REALLY organized, with 6 canopy fans keeping the lights and tank water surface cool, all the wiring neatly tucked away. The whole lighting and fan setup is on a big slide-out rack for easy maintainance of both the lights, plumbing, and anything in the tank. Nice built-in cabinets on the inside of the peninsula style stand. The sump was really well thought out, a 38g if I remember correctly. A 38g FILLED with cheato, ASM skimmer on the drain side, then refuge with cheato, then the water return and auto-topoff area.

Seriously, if you're looking to go with a 100g+ tank, or know someone who is, then damn, this is a sweet deal.

Old 12/18/2007, 12:53 PM   #45
Chef Reef
Moved On

where do you live at, i might drop by with some cash. do you still have any LR?

Chef Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2007, 01:06 PM   #46
Scratch-D
Registered Member

A, I feel for you after seeing the new Michael Moore documentary Sicko about the Health care system I want to move to another country. At the end of the flick he takes 5 911 people with horrible respiratory probs to Cuba and they all get treated for free... imagine that

You might want to take a trip to Cuba

food for thought.....

My prayers are with you!

Scratch-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2007, 01:36 PM   #47
lilfishbigreef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Scratch-D
A, I feel for you after seeing the new Michael Moore documentary Sicko about the Health care system I want to move to another country. At the end of the flick he takes 5 911 people with horrible respiratory probs to Cuba and they all get treated for free... imagine that

food for thought.....

My prayers are with you!

between health insurance, car insurance, gas prices, rent going up, ETC....i wish i only had to sell my tank, (this is only the beggining)

Old 12/18/2007, 02:17 PM   #48
gasman059
The OG mad scientist

Quote:
Originally posted by Scratch-D

food for thought.....

My prayers are with you!
Remember sicko is a movie!!!

gasman059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2007, 02:20 PM   #49
lilfishbigreef
Registered Member

Gasman, are you telling me the Matrix is NOT real?

Old 12/18/2007, 02:30 PM   #50
d9sccr
Premium Member

lol