Reef Central Online Community
Marine Depot

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 11/26/2007, 11:18 PM   #1
Buckeye ME
Moved On

My 24g Aquapod setup

Well I finally moved my tank from my parents in Ohio to my apartment in Evansville, IN. They took care of it while I started my job that required me to move 3 times in one year. I had a 20g high at home, but decided to go with a 24g Aquapod to try to simplify my life.

During the move I found a couple critters that I would like to ID. Any ideas?

Here it is unpacked, on the stand my dad made me. I didn't have any issues with it being damaged during shipping like many people have had. I ordered it from thatpetplace.com, and it was packed extremely well.

Here is the tank pre-teardown, it didn't have a water change for about 2 weeks so there was a little algae.

Here's the first critter we came across. I believe it's a brittle star, but the 6th leg threw me off a bit. Is it indeed a brittle? Its legs extend about the size of a 50 cent piece.

Here is the other one. It looks like some kind of slug.

Here are things getting acclimated.

And finally things are getting settled in. The leathers are doing fine, the mushrooms aren't fully extended but look like they will be ok. The GSP and zoas are of course out already. The frogspawn is retracted, but doesn't look injured at all. Calc and KH were both a little low so I supplemented some tonight. The water level is a little low because I didn't bring enough, so I will be topping that off tomorrow.

As far as the Aquapod, the fans are crap, the lights emit quite a bit of heat, and the flow is a little low for my liking (hence the extra MJ600). The hood is a complete PITA to mod, but it all wraps up nicely and looks good (all the wife cares about).

It will have to do until we get a house and I can do my 125 in wall

Buckeye ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2007, 08:56 AM   #2
Illuminati
Premium Member

Your slug is a Stomatella Snail. Good herbavoire, will multiply quite easily. Look for them to mainly be out when the lights kick off.

Future nTOTM winner :)

Current Tank Info: Biocube 16 LED
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2007, 03:33 PM   #3
Buckeye ME
Moved On

Thanks.

How does your Remora skimmer work for you? I think a skimmer will be my next purchase. I had an in-sump for my last tank, so that isn't going to work for me now.

Buckeye ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2007, 03:48 PM   #4
Illuminati
Premium Member

Like a charm. I have it to skim wet and it pulls some dark brown looking crap out, I should try to get a good picture of it.

I am actually downsizing to a 12 and looking to sell mine but unless you got creative it wouldn't work with your hood.

Look into the Saphire Skimmers (www.nanotuners.com). I got one of those for my 12g.

Future nTOTM winner :)

Current Tank Info: Biocube 16 LED
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2007, 03:57 PM   #5
scottydo
Registered Member

Looks great!

scottydo is offline   Reply With Quote