Reef Central Online Community
Blue Zoo Aquatics

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > Coral Propagation and Aquaculture
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 01/12/2008, 09:50 AM   #1
SoCalLifer
Registered Member

Frag tank fish

I know there are mixed reviews for fish in a frag tank but I have decided Im going to keep one in my 20H. Any suggestions for the fish?

SoCalLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/2008, 03:45 PM   #2
rlabriola
Premium Member

I have in my frag tank: a lawnmower blenny: works all day keeping the algae down. Yellow tang: it looks cool and it picks at algae all day.. a peppermint shrimp:the only thing that grows faster than algae is aptasia. a six-line wrasse: dont know what he does, i just had no place else to put him. others say that a some wrasses are good pest eaters, i cant confirm this. if you had to only pick one, i would pick the lawnmower blenny

Current Tank Info: 30 Gallon Tall - 250W 14K Halide, 10G Sump, AC3, Tunze 6055, Tunze 9010, Custom CaRx, BB, SPS
rlabriola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/2008, 08:10 PM   #3
steveboo
Premium Member

I will second the lawnmower blenny,I have one in mine and he is a great algae remover,I was also thinking of adding some kind of small tang.

Current Tank Info: 75 gallon reef
steveboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/2008, 09:14 PM   #4
SoCalLifer
Registered Member

Thank, Im going to get a yellow wrasse and if the algae is bad ill pick up a lawnmower.

SoCalLifer is offline   Reply With Quote