Reef Central Online Community
Premium Aquatics

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


User Tag List

Thread Tools
Old 01/09/2008, 08:35 PM   #1
Premium Member
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: St Louis
Posts: 1,526
Diameter of return pipe

I've got an oceanic 90 gallon reef ready bowfront tank. It's got the built-in overflow in the middle. I'd like to replace the return tube with a new tube that feeds a SCWD within the overflow chamber. But I have no idea what size the tube is. Does anyone know what the diameter of that tube is? I seem to recall it was a thinner PVC pipe. It was not the normal schedule 40 pipe.

I'd rather not take it apart until I'm ready to install the new one.

Also, has anyone attached 90 degree elbows to a SCWD. I assume this is fine and does not create any issues with the device? (I've heard they can start clicking).



dela is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:05 AM.

TapaTalk Enabled

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2021 Axivo Inc.
Use of this web site is subject to the terms and conditions described in the user agreement.
Reef CentralTM Reef Central, LLC. Copyright 1999-2014
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.