Reef Central Online Community
Blue Zoo Aquatics

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reefkeeping Online Magazine > Steven Pro
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 07/11/2007, 09:55 PM   #1
Nabob89
Registered Member

QT tank questions

Hey Steven, I just finished reading your article about setting up QT tanks, and I just have a few quick questions. My display tank is 55 gallons, so I assume a 10 gallon QT will be fine. I will keep a carbon filter running on the display tank to be used when it is needed for QT, but when I don't need to QT anything, should the QT tank be emptied out, or should it have water in it with a powerhead? Also, since I will be buying a clam/more corals in the near future, what type of lighting should I get for my QT?....(I don't know where I could find PC or stronger lights to fit on a 10g tank.) Thanks for any advice,
-Matt

Nabob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/14/2007, 05:22 PM   #2
Steven Pro
Registered Member

A 10-gallon quarantine tank should be sufficient provided you don't intend to cram something too large into your 55.

You can keep the quarantine tank with water in it if you wish, although I prefer to drain and store the tank when not in use.

I have seen small PC light fixtures. I actually own a 20" PC fixture that has two 40 watt PC lamps.

Current Tank Info: Twelve 600 gallon tubs located in a greenhouse
Steven Pro is offline   Reply With Quote