Reef Central Online Community
Tunze USA

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 05/28/2007, 05:54 PM   #1
phender
Registered Member

Green w/yellow tip BTA

Just thought I would share a new purchase
Its not awesome, but I thought it was kind of different. We'll see how it turns out after it colors up a bit. I picked it up at a LFS.

This is a pic while it was still contracted to give a hint of the potential color.

Here is an overall pic. (I can't figure out how to keep my camera from making BTAs look washed out)

Close-up

Current Tank Info: 50 gal reef, used to have - 60 gal reef, 40 gal reef, 2-20 gal clownfish tanks which were also reefs.
phender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/28/2007, 06:26 PM   #2
Bmgrocks
Registered Member

very nice, its a very unique piece. I am getting the feeling that perhaps the Green will take over the yellow tips. Intresting GBTA tho

Bmgrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/28/2007, 08:16 PM   #3
redvipe2010
Moved On

Very nice!

redvipe2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/28/2007, 08:32 PM   #4
55semireef
Moved On

My cybershot does the same thing Phender with my BTAs. The pictures never do complete justice.

55semireef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/28/2007, 08:38 PM   #5
nick18tjetta
Registered Member

Play with the white balance to get the color right. I am not a camera expert, but you can point most cameras in your tank and change the white balance setting and see the changes instantly on your screen. Learning how to set the white balance on my camera makes all my pictures better. By the way, nice anemone. I just got the brightest green BTS I have ever seen, and its got a bright red foot. It looked like a LTA in the bag, but once it came out it was easy to tell it was a bubble. I decided to buy it right then, I'll probably pick it up next week from the LFS.

nick18tjetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/28/2007, 09:13 PM   #6
JohnnyW
Premium Member

Thats a good looking bta. My wife bought one just like that about a month or so ago because she felt bad for it. It didn't handle shipping to the LFS here to well, and after a week at the LFS, it still hadn't perked up. Wife was able to weasel a deal out of them because it didn't look good and since then it has almost doubled in size and is looking great.

JohnnyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/2007, 08:22 AM   #7
hgbarwick
Registered Member

Looks good!

hgbarwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/2007, 07:14 PM   #8
bigdaddyadam
Registered Member

looks like rose BTA in the first pic...are you sure that it is not a slightly bleached rose? i have seen some so called "orange" BTA's they turned out to be roses after a few months

bigdaddyadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/29/2007, 07:27 PM   #9
55semireef
Moved On

That looks nothing like a rose.

55semireef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/30/2007, 10:00 AM   #10
phender
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bigdaddyadam
looks like rose BTA in the first pic...are you sure that it is not a slightly bleached rose? i have seen some so called "orange" BTA's they turned out to be roses after a few months
It is slightly bleached but bleaching doesn't usually affect the rose pigments, just he brown zooxanthellae.

There really isn't any red pigment at all.

Current Tank Info: 50 gal reef, used to have - 60 gal reef, 40 gal reef, 2-20 gal clownfish tanks which were also reefs.
phender is offline   Reply With Quote