Reef Central Online Community
Blue Zoo Aquatics

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Florida Marine Aquarium Society (FMAS) - Miami/Ft. Lauderdale
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 12/13/2007, 08:55 AM   #1
hunkafish
Registered Member

I would like to join

Hi Local south Fla reefers im getting back in the game setting up a new system and would like to join the Soth Fla Marine Society. Please if someone could lead me to the person that I nned to speak with, Etc. Also where in the Broward/dade area is the best place to buy equipment, tanks,lighting, live rock, pumps, etc.

Thanks, John (HunkaFish)

hunkafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2007, 10:00 AM   #2
ReefWreak
Registered Member

fmas1955.org for info on the club itself.

We're actually having the club tank hop this weekend, so you could stop by people's tanks and get some ideas for setting yours up.

A few people have had equipment/lighting/liverock/etc for sale in these forums. Specificically I know Emilio is selling his whole tank off (lilfishbigreef) and he's got great deals if you're looking for all the stuff to start a new tank, he's got it.

Welcome to the forums, Welcome to ReefCentral, and I look forward to seeing you around more

ReefWreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2007, 10:19 AM   #3
hunkafish
Registered Member

Thank you

Thanks ReefWreek, Much appreciated can't make the hope unless its in the day. I looked at the Tank for sale, not what Im looking for. havn,t totally locked in on all the components of the new system. The tank hope would help me a lot if i can swing it.

Thanks Hunkafish

hunkafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2007, 10:21 AM   #4
ReefWreak
Registered Member

The tank hop is during the day, on Sunday.

Is there anything in particular that you're looking to put in your new tank that I should be keeping an eye out for?

ReefWreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2007, 10:33 AM   #5
macawmagic
Moved On

what size tank are you looking to setup? I've got a little tank about 18 gallons for sale, or I've got lighting for a big tank, 55, 75, 90. Let us know what you're looking to do and we'll help you out!

macawmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2007, 04:02 PM   #6
invertigator
Registered Member

Hi John, Welcome to our club.

Feel free to stop by this coming Tuesday, and If you don't mind bring a covered dish of your choice. We are having our Holiday Party. I dont have the details with me, but I know it is in the Davie Town Hall area. If you go back a few days there should be something posted by Rogger Castells. Feel free to PM him or me and I will research it if you can't find it. Once again welcome to the club.

Getting up in the morning sucks, but it beats the alternative.

Current Tank Info: 210 AGA, Solaris I4, ETSS800 Skimmer, Tunze 6101s
invertigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2007, 06:09 PM   #7
pedromatic
FMAS Webmaster

The Holiday Party info is on the website.

Current Tank Info: 90g and 55g mixed reef tanks, T5 lighting with PowerBrites for shimmer
pedromatic is offline   Reply With Quote