Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 01/15/2008, 11:10 PM   #1
arc eye
Registered Member

Pacific Coast Imports Nano Skimmer

Hey guys,

I have a biocube 14g with some LR and I was toying with the idea of purchasing a skimmer for it. One of my LFS recommended getting a Pacific Coast Imports nano skimmer. They had one on hand and it looks fairly well built. I was just wondering if any of you have tried one.

Also, any skimmer/retro. recommendations under say $100 are welcome. I really want a skimmer, but don't want to use a sump.

Thanks in advance!

arc eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2008, 11:31 PM   #2
Rosseau
Registered Member

I believe you can fit the tunze nano 9002 skimmer in the chambers.

Old 01/15/2008, 11:51 PM   #3
Milhouse
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rosseau
I believe you can fit the tunze nano 9002 skimmer in the chambers.
I would love to hear from anyone that might be using a Tunze Nano skimmer in their 14g Biocube. I know a lot of people will say "you don't need a skimmer in a tank that size" but I'll always wonder....why? People argue that size doesn't matter.....but then it matters in this case? Any tank will run better with a skimmer. I'm not saying that you're gonna get a ton of skimate, but that's probably got more to do with the types of skimmers they have for nanos. Then people will say it's because of the small bioload. I have a small bioload in my main tank but my GSM still pulls out some good stuff. So, I'm really interested in hearing about skimmers that might help a bit in the Biocubes. I know, I can change more water, but why not have both?

Milhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2008, 12:14 PM   #4
Milhouse
Registered Member

I'm gonna bump this because I'm curious if anyone has used the tunze nano in a biocube(specifically the 14g). The dimensions seem like they would fit, but I don't know how far down in the water it has to sit. The collection cup definetly wouldn't fit in the hood or any further down in chamber two. But since I plan on throwing a sunpod on mine, I'm not worried about the hood.

Milhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2008, 09:48 PM   #5
arc eye
Registered Member

recommendations under $100 please.

Current Tank Info: Out of hobby
arc eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/18/2008, 07:24 PM   #6
arc eye
Registered Member

bump

Current Tank Info: Out of hobby