Reef Central Online Community
Neptune Systems

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 01/02/2008, 02:30 PM   #1
mech0522
Premium Member

carpet ann

i have one quick question do thay move i want a ann that dont move a had a rbta that liked to run around my tank but on the up side he did split twice

mech0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2008, 02:45 PM   #2
garygb
Registered Member

BTA's don't move when they are provided what they like in terms of water quality, water flow and lighting. So, would a carpet move?-- not if it's content with the conditions being provided. Also, BTA's divide when under stress or when they grow large and do what comes natural. The fact your anemone was always moving makes me think it was stressed and dividing for that reason. In general, a carpet is going to require good water quality--and they are known to eat fish.

garygb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2008, 03:01 PM   #3
Toddrtrex
Registered Member

Gary pretty much nailed it. Back when I had my BTA, it only moved when I changed the rock work. The clones would pretty much stay in the say area, but moved a bit to get a better spot.

Mine two carpets ( haddonis ) only will move when I do something -- move a rock and move a powerhead.

Current Tank Info: 210g reef and 65g reef
Toddrtrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2008, 03:09 PM   #4
Racing1
Registered Member

I agree,

If water quality and lighting are met they will stay put. I had 3 rose bubble tips and they never moved until I sold them.....

I just ended up selling my carpet.... He was very nice but he ate too many of my fish.... In 1 month he ate 2 firefish, 1 percula clown, and my 5" foxface....

Racing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/2008, 09:53 AM   #5
tpdpercula
Registered Member

I have had RBTAs that would never move and I have GBTAs that move constantly in the same tank as the RBTAs. My Carpet has only moved twice and both times were when the tank was in dire need of a water change.

Current Tank Info: 210g Mixed Reef tank, (2) 60g frag tanks (containing a Sohal in one & Naso in the other along with breeding pairs of True Percs, 40g frag tank w/Pair of Picassos, 24 Nano w/ breeding pair of True Percs and 24 Nano Mixed Reef w/pair of Ocellaris
tpdpercula is offline   Reply With Quote