Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Oklahoma Marine Aquarium Society (OMAS)
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 02/06/2012, 06:49 PM   #1
Okcreef
Registered Member

Anyone have any scrap acrylic?

Hi guys,
I need to replace the center brace on a 40 gallon tall acrylic tank that I just got from psychobilly. The center brace was cut to allow a larger HOB filter to fit. I tried to buy a piece from the home store, but they didn't have the length that I needed... plus I only need it to be 3 or 4 inches wide so it would be a waste of money to buy a larger piece.
So if anyone has a scrap piece of acrylic 1/8 inch or thicker and 11 7/8 inch by 3 inch please let me know and I will come get it. And if there is anything I can help you with I will certainly do that. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Okcreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2012, 09:05 PM   #2
kent ashbrener
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okcreef View Post
Hi guys,
I need to replace the center brace on a 40 gallon tall acrylic tank that I just got from psychobilly. The center brace was cut to allow a larger HOB filter to fit. I tried to buy a piece from the home store, but they didn't have the length that I needed... plus I only need it to be 3 or 4 inches wide so it would be a waste of money to buy a larger piece.
So if anyone has a scrap piece of acrylic 1/8 inch or thicker and 11 7/8 inch by 3 inch please let me know and I will come get it. And if there is anything I can help you with I will certainly do that. Thanks in advance.

Mike
I may have something that will work.
I'll look in the morning and let you know

Current Tank Info: 120 gal reef with a 34 ga. fug./seahourse tank & 60 gal sump (2) 100w 12k (2) 50 watt 460 blue reeftorch Led lighting
kent ashbrener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2012, 11:01 AM   #3
Okcreef
Registered Member

Thanks kent. I was able to find a piece from a guy who responded to the ad I had on C-list. I plan on turning this into a reef tank, so I will probably take a few pictures and down the road do a pictorial build thread on here.

Okcreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2012, 01:38 PM   #4
kent ashbrener
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okcreef View Post
Thanks kent. I was able to find a piece from a guy who responded to the ad I had on C-list. I plan on turning this into a reef tank, so I will probably take a few pictures and down the road do a pictorial build thread on here.
Glad you got what you needed.
please keep us posted on your progress.

Current Tank Info: 120 gal reef with a 34 ga. fug./seahourse tank & 60 gal sump (2) 100w 12k (2) 50 watt 460 blue reeftorch Led lighting
kent ashbrener is offline   Reply With Quote