Reef Central Online Community
Premium Aquatics

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Chicagoland Marine Aquarium Society (CMAS)
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 01/13/2008, 04:24 PM   #1
tmcchicago
Premium Member

Tank at Five Months

Thought I would share a few shots of the tank at five months.

Here it is from front, back and the open end:

Here are a few shots of my anemones. Started with one big one that I got through this board from marfuerte. It split the day I put it in the tank. After a couple of days of scary marauding, both halves seem to be quite happy. The bigger half is almost too big. As luck would have it, my ocellaris pair scorn both anemones. They have more interest in the MagFloat.

I feel like it is getting hard to find places to put new corals. I have little luck with epoxy or superglue, so I mainly have to find holes or flat spots on the rock in order to get corals to stay put. Short of taking rocks out and drilling holes in them, which I am loathe to do, I would welcome suggestions.

Mini Cal CR-1 Reactor
Vertex Illumina 260 LED Lighting

Current Tank Info: 120G Reef
tmcchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/2008, 04:32 PM   #2
-=Efrain=-
Registered Member

Love the tank and the pictures are great.. Nice clean glass too.. The Anemone looks great.. You should sell the small guy as its only going to get bigger..

I always buy baseball size rocks and glue my frags to that. I can then place were I want and they stay put. And if later I need to move it then its easy to do so..

Current Tank Info: 125 GL, Mixed Reef, Yellow, Hippo, Sailfin, Powder Blue, Kole Tangs, 2 Onyx Clowns, 4 Firefish, Midas Blenny, Malenarus & Yellow Coris Wrasse 3 250W MH 14K DE, 250Lbs LR, 150 Lbs LS, 2 Korilias 4s, 45g Sump/Fug, Carbon Reactor, Cal Reactor, Skimmer
-=Efrain=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/2008, 06:14 PM   #3
tmcchicago
Premium Member

I think I may need to start doing that with the rocks.

Frankly, I would sell either one, if I could get them off the rock. They both chose to attach to the single biggest rock in the tank. Go figure.

Mini Cal CR-1 Reactor

Old 01/13/2008, 06:28 PM   #4
ostrow
It's Dr. Goodluck Himself

Try Aquamend from HD, and put a dab of superglue gel on the plug (under the Aquamend) and on top of the Aquamend to hold it to the rock. Works every time.

You have LOADS of room to mount corals!

My question is, how do you clean that glass with the rockwork up against it?

Current Tank Info: 156G "brick", 150 sump and 75 fuge replaces Fire, Destruction, Sad :(
ostrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/2008, 07:43 PM   #5
tmcchicago
Premium Member

The rock is only touching the overflow. There are two spots where the rock is so close to the glass that I can't get the scraper in. I just leave those two spots be. The photos just give the illusion of the rock touching the glass.

Mini Cal CR-1 Reactor