Reef Central Online Community
Blue Zoo Aquatics

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 06/14/2021, 10:24 PM   #1
Itchy Trigger
Registered Member
 
Itchy Trigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,354
Large Glass Aquarium Builders?

Sometime over the next 6 months or so I'll be jumping back into the large aquarium game. Looking to get a very large tank made, somewhere in the vicinity of 500g. After having a 330g acrylic tank for several years, I vowed never to go acrylic again. Look at it funny and it scratches. So I'll be looking for someone to make a glass tank, measurements somewhere around 120"x30" and 34" high. Tank, stand/cabinet, sump, everything... I've been given a few recommendations and will be getting some quotes in the months to come, but thought I'd check in here to see if anyone can offer other suggestions.

The two places I'll be getting quotes from so far: Nature Design Studio (NDS) in Los Angeles and Custom Aquariums in Wisconsin. If anyone would like to recommend other aquarium builders, I'd love to check them out. Additionally if anyone has experience with either of the two companies I mentioned, please share. This is obviously going to be a big investment so I want to make the right choices from the get go.

Thanks in advance for your input!


__________________
330g FOWLR: Angels, Tangs and more.
Itchy Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/2021, 04:36 PM   #2
Vinny Kreyling
Registered Member
 
Vinny Kreyling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Miller Place, NY
Posts: 7,093
Glass Cages has come a long way.


__________________
250 gallon mixed reef, 2 Reefbreeder's Photon V 2, Deepwater BLDC 12, DAS EX-3 Skimmer, MTC mini cal, 2-3/4" Sea Swirls, Aquacontroller & 6 Tunze pumps.
Vinny Kreyling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07/27/2021, 01:27 PM   #3
stephj03
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Juan Capistrano
Posts: 908
Crystal dynamics (formerly LeeMar)

Planet Aquariums

Reef Savvy

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk


stephj03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07/27/2021, 10:03 PM   #4
LeotheLion18
Registered Member
 
LeotheLion18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Newport Beach
Posts: 41
Let me know how this goes. I have a 265 and looking to go 500+ soon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


__________________
265 Gallon SPS Reef
60 Gallon Frag Tank
LeotheLion18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08/01/2021, 06:35 PM   #5
Fazm79
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 474
Please let me know as well, looking to add a large aquarium in NJ in the next year.


Fazm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/01/2021, 08:08 PM   #6
EleganceMan
Registered Member
 
EleganceMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 1,611
I can build it for you anytime your ready just give me a call or text 701-404-6320


__________________
Trade Corals!!!!!!

Current Tank Info: 160 gallon reef
EleganceMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/01/2021, 09:30 PM   #7
Iammatt219
Registered Member
 
Iammatt219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: South Huntington NY
Posts: 743
Coast to coast
http://coasttocoastaquariums.com/


Iammatt219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2021, 07:20 AM   #8
moneymm
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchy Trigger View Post
Sometime over the next 6 months or so I'll be jumping back into the large aquarium game. Looking to get a very large tank made, somewhere in the vicinity of 500g. After having a 330g acrylic tank for several years, I vowed never to go acrylic again. Look at it funny and it scratches. So I'll be looking for someone to make a glass tank, measurements somewhere around 120"x30" and 34" high. Tank, stand/cabinet, sump, everything... I've been given a few recommendations and will be getting some quotes in the months to come, but thought I'd check in here to see if anyone can offer other suggestions.

The two places I'll be getting quotes from so far: Nature Design Studio (NDS) in Los Angeles and Custom Aquariums in Wisconsin. If anyone would like to recommend other aquarium builders, I'd love to check them out. Additionally if anyone has experience with either of the two companies I mentioned, please share. This is obviously going to be a big investment so I want to make the right choices from the get go.

Thanks in advance for your input!
did you find a good seller? i am in the NY area as well and looking for a new tank.


__________________
45 Gallon Bow DT - Lifereef Berlin Sump/Skimmer - 36" ATI Dimmable Sunpower 4 x 39W

Phantom Clown, Ocellaris Cown, 10 Snails, 4 Hermit Crabs
moneymm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2021, 01:00 PM   #9
Itchy Trigger
Registered Member
 
Itchy Trigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymm View Post
did you find a good seller? i am in the NY area as well and looking for a new tank.
I decided to go for an acrylic tank from fishtanksdirect.com. My tank should be ready by October/November. Check back with me then but I have a feeling the quality is very good.


__________________
330g FOWLR: Angels, Tangs and more.
Itchy Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/14/2021, 12:21 PM   #10
Vinny Kreyling
Registered Member
 
Vinny Kreyling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Miller Place, NY
Posts: 7,093
Coast to Coast is a great tank, & it shows in their pricing.


__________________
250 gallon mixed reef, 2 Reefbreeder's Photon V 2, Deepwater BLDC 12, DAS EX-3 Skimmer, MTC mini cal, 2-3/4" Sea Swirls, Aquacontroller & 6 Tunze pumps.
Vinny Kreyling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM   #11
reefinJ
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchy Trigger View Post
I decided to go for an acrylic tank from fishtanksdirect.com. My tank should be ready by October/November. Check back with me then but I have a feeling the quality is very good.
Looking forward to seeing your tank. My uncle is looking to get 500g as well and he's considering acrylic. We'll check out that site when I visit him this week for the installation of the bumper and winch from 4Wheelonline onto his truck.


reefinJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:14 AM.


TapaTalk Enabled

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2021 Axivo Inc.
Use of this web site is subject to the terms and conditions described in the user agreement.
Reef CentralTM Reef Central, LLC. Copyright 1999-2014
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.